For many of the businesses I work with, the common thread is that they're not good at sharing what they do. They also haven't been effective at getting feedback from clients or customers they've worked with.
This means, getting new clients to understand the need for their services can be a little trickier. Prospects may not be aware they have a problem and need their services, or they might not know what solutions they need for the problem they know they have.
Telling stories and sharing client feedback is how you make them aware of both their problem and the solutions you can provide.
There are some specific questions we ask our clients:
- Is it clear what your business is all about?
- Would a potential new client know exactly how you can help them?
- Do prospects even think they have a problem that needs your solution?
- Can they see what previous clients have to say about working with you?
There are some steps you can take in 2022, that would help fix the problems. You'll grow your brand and generate more leads, or even just connect more with your existing clients. They include:
- More social media content: talking about what you do, client experiences, events...anything! It's about involving your audience in your business.
- Create more videos: videos are a great way to transfer information that's easy to consume for the viewer. They can explain a concept, introduce a team member or showcase a client experience.
- Write more content: writing blogs or emails is still an effective way to stay in front of your clients or attract leads. People do read long-form content, especially if they want to learn more about a subject.
- Get a new website: does your current website reflect what you do and who you work with? Does it give the right impression about your business? Are your solutions clear? If not, it's time for a change.
What are you planning for 2022 that will help shift the meter in your business?